Best you TREAD CAREFULLY WITHOUT IT! It is only a matter of time before you damage the tyres on your vehicle. The TRAFICC Tyre and Rim Warranty will repair your rims or replace your tyres in the event of damage.
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
We are all aware of the shocking state of our roads and with the hustle and bustle of the ever-increasing volume of traffic – it is only a matter of time before you damage the tyres on your vehicle, without being involved in an accident. The TRAFICC Tyre and Rim Warranty will repair your rims or replace your tyres in the event of accidental or malicious damage. A vehicle’s tyres and rims are extremely susceptible to damage, yet we so easily and readily expect that the tyres and rims on our vehicles will withstand the hazards of our day to day motoring while carrying the weight of the vehicle, its passengers and luggage, on roads that are cracked, potholed and littered with debris such as broken glass, nails and metal. Just take a look at the pile of tyres outside your nearest tyre retailer! Rarely will you find a tyre worn beyond limits. That is because most tyres are replaced prematurely due to damage or puncture.
I already have comprehensive insurance – why should I buy the TRAFICC Tyre and Rim Warranty?
Your comprehensive insurance mostly covers your tyres for theft and fire only, and in some cases damage caused by accidents (but usually only if there is damage to other parts of the vehicle as well). It very rarely covers your tyres for accidental or malicious damage. So should you damage your tyre by driving through a big pothole, onto or against a roadside kerb, or by someone wishing you ill – The TRAFICC Tyre and Rim Warranty will repair your rims or replace your tyres. THE TRAFICC TYRE AND RIM WARRANTY EVEN COVERS PRE-OWNED TYRES!
Let’s look at the features & benefits in more detail
- Covers you for up to 3 Years or 60,000 kms.
- Commences the day the policy is purchased.
- Covers both new and pre-owned light commercial vehicles, 4×4’s and passenger vehicles with a gross vehicle mass of less than 3,500 kg’s (also including motorcycles).
- The policy is transferable to the next owner.
- Repairs or replaces insured tyres suffering accidental and/or malicious damage.
- You will not be asked to travel to an insurer’s preferred supplier. Tyres to be replaced or repaired at any registered tyre fitment center.
- If Tyres are Repaired, then the warranty pays for full amount.
- If Tyres are Replaced, then you pay for portion of tread used.
- Rims will be repaired up to the maximum benefit stated in your specific policy Terms and Conditions
- There is no excess payable.
- Premiums and benefits based on profile size of the tyres specific to your vehicle.
- Taxi’s, Hire vehicles, Competition, Commercial and Business vehicles.
- Tyres where tread depth is below the South African legal limit when incident occurs.
- Damage caused by using tyres at incorrect pressure.
- Damage caused by incorrect wheel balance or defective suspension etc.
- Loss as a result of fire or theft.
- Cover is limited to events occurring in the Republic of South Africa.
How to claim
- Any claim must be reported within 30 days.
- Call our claims centre on 0861 – TRAFICC (0861-872 3422) for pre-approval.
- Complete a Tyre Damages Report.
- On approval, take your vehicle to a registered tyre fitment centre
- TRAFICC will reimburse you for either the full amount of repairing the tyres or the portion of the tread used should the tyres be replaced.
* If you are claiming for malicious damage you would have to supply us with a case number from the SAPS, after reporting the incident to the police.