There are two kinds of vehicles: those with dents and tears, and those that will get them…
Why do you need this?
Sooner or later even the most pristine vehicle will be suffer interior or exterior damage. The world is filled with careless drivers, clumsy pedestrians, poles and shopping carts that go out of their way to diminish not only the look of your ‘perfect’ vehicle but its value too. And if this isn’t bad enough the driving conditions and road surfaces in your area will probably lead to stone chip damage to your windscreen. Traficc has developed a range of cosmetic maintenance plans that can protect your investment from the dangers of everyday driving, helping to keep your vehicle in showroom condition without ever losing your No Claim Bonus.
I already have comprehensive insurance – why should I buy a Traficc Interior and Exterior Cosmetic Plans?
Traficc provides for the restoration of the exterior and interior damage arising out of day to day driving. It covers the minor damage that would typically fall in the excess of your comprehensive insurance. So you no longer have to compromise your monthly budget or your No Claims Bonus to ensure your vehicle stays in tip top condition! TRAFICC recommends panel beaters who can take care of your repairs for you, alternatively yu can nominate a suitable repairer of your choice.
What, where & exclusions
- Traficc Cosmetic Maintenance Plans covers light motor vehicles, mini-buses, light delivery vehicles, panel vans and motorcycles with a gross mass not exceeding 3500kg which are used for business, social, domestic and pleasure purposes and travelling to and from your place of work.
- Excludes damage to the load bin area (inside and outside) of your vehicle
- One maintenance application per month. Limitied to the maximum claim limit as per your specific policy Terms and Conditions.
- The Traficc Cosmetic Maintenance Plans on your vehicle is transferable to the next owner.
- Benefits limited to the Republic of South Africa.
Importantly – The Traficc Cosmetic Maintenance Plans is a maintenance plan that saves you from using your comprehensive insurance. Providing the damage is within specifications, repairs exceeding the maximum benefits will not be disallowed – we give you the option of paying the difference between the actual repair cost and the maximum benefit out of your own pocket.
How to apply for maintenance
- Call our claims centre on 0861 – TRAFICC (0861-872 3422) for pre-approval.
- Complete a Vehicle Status Report – if required we will send you the details of our preferred and approved repairer.
- Once we approve your application – take your vehicle to the approved repairer.
- TRAFICC will pay the repairer directly for the approved amount.
- Should the repair amount exceed the maximum benefit, you will pay the difference yourself.
Traficc Cosmetic Maintenance Plans gives you the peace of mind that you can keep your vehicle looking as good as new for years to come without breaking the bank. A minimal investment with a positive return!
- Cigarette Burns ‐ covers repairs to minor damage caused by cigarette burns to your car seats and other interior areas of your car.
- Delamination of rubber coatings – covers repairs to peeling of the rubber coatings on your vehicle’s dashboard and centre console
- Repair, refurbish, restore or recovering ‐ covers the repair, refurbishment, restoration or recovering of your vehicle’s damaged door panels, parcel shelf, seat stitching and sun‐visor’s (includes the sun visor clip)
- Re‐spraying – covers the re‐spraying of plastic door handles, door panels, faded dashboards, gear levers and steering wheels.
- Rips and tears – covers repairs to small rips and tears in seats, gear lever & hand brake covers
- Scuffs & Scratches – covers repairs to scratches & scuffs on your vehicle’s console, dashboard, arm rests, door handles, door panels, seat and headrests.
- Sagging or loose headliner – covers the repair & restoration of only the existing internal roofing linings that are starting to hang or that are coming loose. Convertibles and vehicles with sunroofs are excluded
- Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) ‐ PDR removes dents and dings from vehicles without affecting the original factory finish
- Spot repair, Paint Chip & Car Paint Scratch Repair ‐ Touch‐up and spot repair paint chips and scratches using several different application methods
- Brush touches of Scratches Minor scratches that can be concealed by means of brush touch or that can be removed by polishing
- Spot Repair ‐ Touch‐up repair to paintwork that in the opinion the repairer can be satisfactorily done without the removal of any parts
- Chips ‐ Small paint chips that are repairable by means of brush touching.
- Bumper scuffs ‐ Cosmetics scratches to plastic bumpers where the alignment of the bumper and/or mounting brackets are unaffected and the repair can be achieved with polishing, a brush touch or spot repair.
- Tar Removal ‐ The removal of tar from bodywork that can be achieved through the application of normal autobody repair industry detergents and polishes.
- Windscreen chip repair ‐ Where the vehicle’s windscreen is damaged resulting in a chip on the surface of the windscreen, and such damage is repairable in terms of driver visibility and roadworthiness of the vehicle, will be repaired. This benefit includes repairable damage to headlamps and related glass components.
In the event that the windscreen cracks during the repair process, the replacement cost of the windscreen will be for your own account.
- Added rim repair for R3000 for every 12 month period