Don’t worry about THE LITTLE DINGS IN LIFE! TRAFICC Ding to Bling (D2B) provides for the removal of minor dents, scratches and windscreen chips & cracks, keeping your vehicle in showroom condition.
Why do I need this?
Because Dings Happen! Sooner or later even the most pristine vehicle will get a ding, scratch or chipped windscreen. After all, there are only two kinds of vehicles: those with dents, and those that will get them.
The world is filled with careless drivers, clumsy pedestrians, poles and shopping carts that go out of their way to diminish not only the look of your ‘perfect’ vehicle but its value too. And if this isn’t bad enough the driving conditions and road surfaces in your area will probably lead to stone chip damage to your windscreen. TRAFICC D2B is a maintenance plan that can protect your investment from the dangers of everyday driving, helping to keep your vehicle in showroom condition without ever losing your No Claim Bonus.
I already have comprehensive insurance – why should I buy TRAFICC D2B?
TRAFICC D2B provides for the restoration of the paintwork damaged as a result of wear and tear arising out of day to day driving. It covers the minor damage that would typically fall in the excess of your comprehensive insurance. So you no longer have to compromise your monthly budget or your No Claims Bonus to ensure your vehicle stays in tip top condition! TRAFICC recommends panel beaters who can take care of your repairs for you, or you can use a recognised and registered panel beater of your choice. Should you decide to sell your vehicle, TRAFICC D2B is transferable to its next owner, so it doesn’t just maintain the value of your vehicle by repairing minor damages – it also potentially increases your vehicle’s resale value.
What, where & exclusions
- TRAFICC D2B covers light motor vehicles, mini-buses, light delivery vehicles, panel vans and motorcycles with a gross mass not exceeding 3500kg which are used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes and travelling to and from your place of work.
- Excludes vehicles used to carry trade goods for business purposes.
- The benefits are
- For a maximum of 60 months (Silver option = 24 months).
- Gold & Silver options up to R1,500 per repair.
- Platinum option up to R3,000 per repair.
- One maintenance application per month.
- TRAFICC D2B on your vehicle is transferable to the next owner.
- Benefits limited to the Republic of South Africa.
TRAFICC D2B is a maintenance plan that saves you from using your comprehensive insurance. Providing the damage is within specifications, repairs exceeding the maximum benefits will not be disallowed – we give you the option of paying the difference between the actual repair cost and the maximum benefit out of your own pocket.
TRAFICC D2B is ideal protection
- It’s easy – you pay a once-off premium
- It makes financial sense – it saves your No Claim Bonus
- It’s convenient – dings can be repaired at any registered and recognised panel beater in your area
- It’s accessible – it can be used once per month
- It’s transferable – should you decide to sell your vehicle
How to apply for maintenance
- Call our claims centre on 0861 – TRAFICC (0861-872 3422) for pre-approval.
- Complete a Vehicle Status Report – if required we will send you the details of our preferred and approved repairers.
- Once we approve your application – take your vehicle to the approved repairer.
- TRAFICC will pay the repairer directly for the approved amount.
- Should the repair amount exceed the prescribed maximum benefit, you will pay the difference yourself.
TRAFICC D2B gives you the peace of mind that you can keep your vehicle looking new for years to come without breaking the bank. A minimal investment with a positive return!
The specifications for repairs include
- Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) – Only dents with a diameter of 30mm or less
- Brush touches of Scratches – Minor scratches less than 75mm
- Bumper scuffs – Cosmetic scratches to plastic bumpers up to 12cm in length
- Spot Repair – A touch-up repair to paintwork limited to 20 square cms & which does not cross onto adjacent panels
- Tar Removal from bodywork
- Windscreen chip repair – Only cracks less than 100mm in length, or a chip with a diameter less than 16mm or a 10c coin
- You have your choice of a 2 year or 5 year plan